BACAP is a biobank dedicated to the pancreatic adenocarcinoma funded by INCa for 3 years and coordinated by Dr Barbara Bournet from Toulouse hospital. This base includes clinical data and biological samples such as blood, serum, plasma, saliva, DNA and RNA from tumors cells.
Sommaire de cette page
Missions / goals of BACAP
Publié le 19/11/2014 à 16h09 (mis à jour le 19/11/2014 à 16h10)
The mission of this prospective project is to make available to the scientific community a clinical biological base from patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
The research projects supported by BACAP will seek to:
- Understand the development of pancreatic carcinogenesis
- Determine an early diagnostic and screening of pancreatic adenocarcinoma with the identification of biomarkers (Proteomic signatures, miRNA, genomic DNA, micro particles) and associated thrombosis risks.
- Develop new in vitro tools for pancreatic cancer diagnostic
- Evaluate clinical and biological development of cachexia from patients with pancreatic cancer
- Determinate factors inducing cancer cells spreading such as inflammation markers
- Identify biomarkers indicating sensibility or resistance to chemotherapy
- Develop new therapeutic targets
- Or any others projects deemed appropriate by the scientific committee of BACAP
Publié le 19/11/2014 à 16h36 (mis à jour le 24/11/2014 à 16h19)
BACAP comprises 11 French partners.
8 French partners contribute to the database constitution. Each center gathers clinicians (gastroenterologists, oncologists, and surgeons), pathologists and biological resource centers (CRB) :
- Team of the CHU de Toulouse coordinated by Pr Louis Buscail , Hôpital Rangueil 1 avenue Jean Poulhes, 31059 Toulouse cedex 9 and Hôpital Purpan Place du Dr Baylac, 31059 Toulouse cedex 9
- Team of the Institut régional du Cancer de Montpellier coordinated by Dr Frederic Bibeau, 208 rue de apothicaires, 34298 Montpellier Cedex
- Team of Assistance Publique des Hôpitaux de Marseille – Hôpital Nord coordinated by Pr Stéphane Garcia, Chemin des Bourrely, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20
- Team of CHU de Nice – Hôpital L’Archet coordinated by Dr Geoffroy Vanbiervliet, 151 Route de Saint-Antoine, 06200 Nice
- Team of the hôpital privé Jean Mermoz coordinated by Dr Bertrand Napoléon, 55 Avenue Jean Mermoz, 69008 Lyon
- Team of the Institut Gustave Roussy coordinated by the Pr. Jean-Yves Scoazec, 114 rue Edouard-Vaillant, 94805 Villejuif Cedex
- Team of the Assistance Publique des Hôpitaux de Paris – Hôpital Saint-Louis coordinated by Pr. Dominique Farges, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris
- Team of the Assistance Publique des Hôpitaux de Paris – Hôpital Beaujon coordinated by Pr. Pascal Hammel, 100 Boulevard Leclerc 92118 Clichy cedex / Clinique du Trocadéro, 62 rue de la Tour, 75116 Paris
You will find, using the interactive map below, addresses and the location of each of the recruiters partners involved in the BACAP project.
The clinical database is managed by the data center (CTD) of the Institut Régional du Cancer de Montpellier directed by Mrs Sophie Gourgou. The goal of the CTD is to build the database, manage and extract data depending of the research projects.
To this database is also associated 2 epidemiology teams represented by :
- Dr Cyrille Delpierre for the INSERM unit 1027, 37 allées Jules Guesdes, 31000 Toulouse
- Mrs Vanessa Cottet for the Bourguignon digestive cancer registers, CHU de Dijon, 1 Boulevard Jeanne d’Arc 21 079 Dijon Cedex
Publié le 24/11/2014 à 11h42 (mis à jour le 24/11/2014 à 15h53)
The governance of BACAP is composed by the coordination, the steering committee and the scientific committee.
- The coordinator ;
- The research director of the Toulouse hospital or his representing collaborator ;
- The project manager ;
- Determines the inclusion of new centers and possible exclusion of participating centers ;
- Applies the Steering and Scientific Committees’ decisions
- Ensures the network’s running ;
- Plans the financial repartition ;
- Establishes the annual activity report ;
- Nominates the prime contractor for the exploitation of results.
Steering Committee :
- The coordinator ;
- The project manager ;
- Each teams referee
- Plans network operational activities ;
- Source of proposal for the scientific committee
- Applies the Scientific Committee’s decisions
- Ensures the network’s operational arbitrations (functioning system)
- Guarantees the respect of regulations and the established rules
- Ensures sustainability of network’s tools (IT, databases…)
- Defines the common required « standards » for the samples (procedures, operating mode…) and the associated data (items…)
- Defines the terms to access the biological resources (requests, rate, embargo, contracts…)
- Examines the adhesion request from new sites to the network, before submitting to Scientific Com
Scientific Committee :
- The Coordinator ;
- One elected representative of each body
- The project manager ;
- The CTD manager ;
- External representatives (learned societies, cooperating group, jurist, the Council of elders (3 international experts on pancreatology- in pending).
Bodies: gastroenterologist, oncologist, digestive surgeon, pathologist, CRB manager, researcher, epidemiologist.
- Scientific evaluation on ancillary projects ;
- Definies the scientific and strategic orientations of the network
- Evaluates the activity report
- Arbitrates the access conditions and the requests to make available the biological resources and/or the data
- Determines the results exploitation rules.
The Council of Elders
The Council of Elders is a body consisting of 3 international experts in basic and clinical pancreatology, approached once a year by the Scientific Committee, in order to bring their external and overall vision, to think about the network’s scientific and strategic orientations.
Publié le 24/11/2014 à 11h46
To collect data and biological samples, BACAP has obtained all regulatory authorizations :
- Comité Consultatif sur le Traitement de l’Information en matière de Recherche dans le domaine de la Santé (CCTIRS) on the 12th of September 2013
- Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) on the 26th of March 2014
- Approval of the Ethic Committee (CPP) on the 17th of March 2014
- Declaration of the collection N° DC-2013-1974
Publié le 24/11/2014 à 11h49
BACAP included clinical data (The Case Report For is available only if requested) and of biological samples :
- Total Blood
- DNA obtained thanks to FNA samples
- RNA obtained thanks to FNA samples
- Blades from surgical specimens
Biological samples are preserved in each center.
Samples and data requests
Publié le 24/11/2014 à 11h59
The sample request has to be associated to a scientific project which will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee of BACAP. For any request, please fulfill the form that you can download below with the financial annex and send them to the following email address : email@example.com
Your request will follow the process below.